We are committed to the Local Government Transparency Code 2015. The Code sets out key principles for local authorities in creating greater transparency through the publication of public data - namely that the data be demand led, open and timely. The Code also prescribes what public data should be released as a minimum requirement.
Open Government Licence
All of our data is available to use or re-use under the Open Government Licence. This is a free open licence for public sector bodies to license the use and re-use of their information and data easily. If you are intending to use or re-use any of our data please note the conditions of the licence. If we require you to make a specific form of attribution, this will be clearly referenced on the information concerned.
Annual Audit Letters
Constitution - Our Constitution provides a framework for the democratic processes of the Council.
Contracts register – a register of our current contracts (March 2017) (67kb) (in excess of £5000) updated quarterly. This information tells you what sort of services and products we buy, how much we spend and from which suppliers.
Corporate Plan 2015 - 2019 (5.86MB)
External Audits and Key Inspections
Fraud – a dataset containing five pieces of information in relation to our counter fraud work for the last financial year. This information is updated yearly.
Grants to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector updated in real time.
Local authority Land – A list of all our land and building assets (151kb) which will be updated yearly. This information is also available in GIS formats on data.gov.uk. Asset Management Strategy and Plan and Disposal and Acquisitions Policy (420kb).
Members Expenses 2016-2017
Organisational structure charts
- Chief Executive - Chief Executive and Partnership Team (9kb).
- Growth Directorate - Economic Development (58kb); Governance and Elections (26kb); Housing Strategy and Growth (11kb); Legal (120kb); Scrutiny (9kb)
- Operations Directorate - Audit; Community Safety (11kb); Estates & Property (19kb); Revenues & Benefits (15kb); Streetscene (18kb);
- Transformation Directorate - Communications (61kb); Customer Service (9kb); Customer Service and Improvement (62kb); Emergency Planning (9kb); Human Resources & Payroll (47kb); ICT (20kb); Leisure (1000kb),
Pay and Grading Structure
- Senior Pay Policy and Top Three Levels Pay (174kb)
- Job Descriptions for senior management.
Director Operations AD Community Safety and Housing AD Customer Service and Improvement AD Economic Growth AD Finance AD Governance AD HR and Payroll AD Leisure AD Planning AD Property and Estates AD Streetscene
Parking Spaces – a schedule listing the number of spaces including disabled at each car park within the district. We do not charge for parking in the district. Car Parking Spaces (2kb) - csv format
We are also committed to publishing other datasets where we have recognised a demand for this information through Freedom of Information requests received.
Please note that some data might be removed. This is known as 'redaction' and is required to enable us to comply with the exemptions stated in the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Examples of this include personal information that could identify an individual or information that is commercially sensitive. To ensure transparency any redactions will be clearly noted.
Public Health Funerals
- Public health funerals - we are responsible for arranging the funeral of any person who has died and where it appears that no other agency or persons are making suitable arrangements for the disposal of the body. Click here for the details of the funerals taken place.
- Social Housing Asset Value 2015-16 – This dataset is available in excel (2kb) and csv (13kb) formats. This information will be updated yearly. Please note: an entry will only be placed on this register subsequent to the council dealing with a public health funeral
Business Rate Account Listing (Occupied Properties) – a full list of properties registered for business rates which are occupied including relief details. This information is updated quarterly.
- April 2018 - excel format and csv format
- January 2018 - excel format
- January 2018 - csv format
- August 2017 - excel file format
- July 2016 (360kb) - excel file format
July 2016 (450kb) - csv file format
- November 2016 (1.05mb) - excel file format
- November 2016 (560kb) - csv file format
- April 2017 (600kb) - csv format
- April 2017 (1mb) - excel file format
Business rate accounts in credit – a list of accounts in credit for the current financial year and any write-backs. This information is updated quarterly.
- April - excel format and csv format
- January 2018 - excel file
- August 2017 - excel file format
- July 2016 (32kb) - excel file format
- July 2016 (4kb) - csv file format
- November 2016 (27kb) - excel file format
- November 2016 (5kb) - csv file format
- April 2017 (27kb) - csv format
- April 2017 (88kb) - excel format
Business rate accounts write back