For more information on letting your property, empty property advice or any queries see our Sustainable Tenancy Projects document, or contact Thomas Evans on 01246 231111.
We are committed to tackling the problem of empty properties in the region and support property owners to help bring homes back into use. If you are a landlord and would like us to help get your property back on the market either to sell or rent, or if you are a resident who has an empty property in our area; use our Empty Properties form to browse the properties available to rent or buy, as well as reporting properties that are empty in your area click here to view.
We have a dedicated Empty Property Officer who can help owners with letting or selling a property, and advise on:
- Choosing an agent to manage the letting of your property,
- Selling the property through an estate agent or auction,
- Help and advicewhen renovating a property,
- Advertising property to let or for sale,
- Matching Service – we have a list of organisations that are looking to bring empty properties back into use. You can use this service if you are looking to sell, lease or let your property.
A property that has been empty for over 2 years could qualify for a reduction in VAT to 5% on renovation works to bring the property back into use. Properties empty for over 10 years could qualify for a reduction in VAT to 0% on renovation works!
We are keen to help empty property owners recycle their properties back into use, but where owners refuse or are unable to bring properties back into use more formal enforcement measures can be used, particularly where the property is causing anuisance.
We are eager to speak to owners of empty properties and may be able to offer advice and assistance, if you own an empty property we would be grateful if you could complete the appropriate form below:
For further information you can view the Council's Empty Properties Strategy.