Local Plan Examination
Overview Open or Close
The North East Derbyshire Local Plan was submitted for examination on Thursday 24 May 2018 (Notice of Submission of the North East Derbyshire Local Plan).
Inspector Sarah Housden BA (Hons) MRTPI from the Planning Inspectorate has been appointed by the Secretary of State to carry out the independent examination of the Local Plan (2014-2034).
Her task is to consider whether the Local Plan has been prepared in accordance with the relevant legal requirement and if the plan is sound, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (the Framework).
The Local Plan should be:
- Positively prepared: it should be based on a strategy that looks at meeting objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements. This includes; where reasonable to do so; those unmet by our neighbours. It should also be consistent with achieving sustainable development
- Justified: it should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence
- Effective: it should be deliverable and based on effective joint working with partners and neighbours; and
- Consistent with national policy: it should enable the delivery of sustainable development set out by national policy
Louise St John Howe has been appointed as the Programme Officer.
She is an independent officer of the examination and works on the Inspector’s behalf, organising and managing the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process. The Programme Officer acts as the contact for any person who has an interest in the examination, liaising between the Inspector, North East Derbyshire District Council and representors. Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted through the Programme Officer.
Programme Officer contact details:
Louise st John Howe, PO Box 10965, Sudbury, Suffolk Co10 3BF.
Latest News and Updates Open or Close
Read the latest news and updates about the District Plan Examination.
Latest News and Updates
An Addendum to the Statement of Consultation Regulation 22, May 2018, was published.
North East Derbyshire District Council has Submitted the North East Derbyshire Local Plan to the Secretary of State for examination, in accordance with Section 20(1) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
and Regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
Examination Documents Open or Close
A list of examination documents for the Local Plan Examination.
ED1 18/06/2018 Notification Regulation 19 Representors of Appointment of Inspector
Evidence Library Open or Close
The ‘Local Plan Examination Library’ webpage contains the documents which support the North East Derbyshire Local Plan and may be used as reference documents during the examination hearings. Please use the following links to access the different category of documents:
- Submission Documents
- Supporting Documents
- Supporting Documents – Evidence Base
- Previous Stages
- Current Planning Documents
The Index of Documents provides an up to date list of all the documents that comprise the library for the examination of the North East Derbyshire Local Plan.
Hearing Sessions Open or Close
Regulation 19 Submissions Open or Close
The full Representations received to the Publication Draft Local Plan (2014-2034) Regulation 19, can be viewed on the interactive website.
Submission Documents Open or Close
The submission documentation include:
- the North East Derbyshire Local Plan Development Plan Document;
- Policies Maps (map 1, map 2, map 3, map 4, map 5)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA);
- Statement of Consultation in accordance with Regulation 22;
- Copies of representations made in accordance with Regulation 20; and
- Supporting documents
Electronic copies of the submission documents are available on the ‘Local Plan Examination Library' webpage.
Paper copies of the submission documents are available at the District Council offices in Wingerworth (2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, S42 6NG) during normal opening hours. Please note copies of representations and supporting documents will be made available at the Council offices upon prior request.
Paper copies of the North East Derbyshire Local Plan Submission documents listed above (excluding copies of the representations and supporting documents) are also available for inspection at the following libraries (during normal opening hours):
Chesterfield Central, Clay Cross, Dronfield, Eckington, Holmewood, Killamarsh, Wingerworth, and the Mobile Library Services.